Surrounded by towering redwoods and the sloping landscapes of the Santa Cruz Mountains, Scotts Valley is an exceptional place to live or own a vacation home. Owning a house here means enjoying the wonders of nature as a regular part of day-to-day living.
This community is located six miles north of the city of Santa Cruz, offering a charming quality of life where upscale sophistication meets laid-back pace of the small town lifestyle.
While this humble city was only incorporated in 1966, Scotts Valley boasts a rich and proud history that dates as far back as the 1850s. The area’s growth began with lumber, grain, and leather production, then gained momentum at the turn of the 1900s as it supplied soil, sand, and gravel to other fast-growing parts of California. It also served as a tourism hot spot for travelers needing a rest stop as they traversed the mountains.
Homes for sale in Scotts Valley, CA
Discerning homebuyers have plenty to choose from in the impressive selection of houses available in Scotts Valley. From single-family houses and townhouses, to sprawling acre-size estates, there is a home for everyone here.
One thing is for sure, though. Homes here are built for you to make the most out of your exquisite natural surroundings. Properties typically include ample outdoor spaces like elevated balconies, wooden decks, and landscaped lawns. With features like these, Scotts Valley homes promise remarkable day-to-day experiences that rejuvenate you with cool mountain breezes and the warmth of the California sun.
Common house styles in Scotts Valley include classic craftsman and ranch homes, along with more contemporary-style new construction.
Living in Scotts Valley
Curious about what the Scotts Valley lifestyle has to offer? Here’s a quick peek:
- Scotts Valley Unified School District – This local public school system runs two elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school. It also oversees a local independent study or home school program.
- The Scott House – Built in 1853 in the Greek Revival style, Scotts Valley’s first house is the city’s most important historical landmark. Guided tours around the house and its surrounding acres are available by reservation.
- Scotts Valley Art, Wine, and Beer Festival – This annual tradition held every August gathers the local Scotts Valley community, tourists, and other guests for a lively weekend of functional and fine art, delicious food and drinks, and family-friendly fun and games.
- Sky Park – Formerly a private training field for pilots and later a municipal airport, Sky Park today is the largest city park in Scotts Valley. It features various sports facilities, including a skate park, soccer and bocce ball fields, and children’s play areas. A new mixed-use commercial center called Hangar at Sky Park is scheduled to open in summer 2020.
- Lodato Park – This trailhead is your gateway to 1.5 miles of picturesque hiking trails that bring you closer to Scotts Valley’s impeccable natural surroundings.
If you are looking for more information on the latest and best homes for sale in Scotts Valley, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me. Call 831.661.5591 or send me a message here.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.