Live Oak is a census-designated place in Santa Cruz County, CA, not to be confused with the city of the same name in Sutter County, CA much further up north. This area is also known as “Eastside” among Santa Cruz locals, thanks to its convenient location just off the city’s eastern limits.
This community has a pleasant suburbia-meets-beach town vibe. It has certainly come a long way from being a predominantly rural coastal area, with recent residential and commercial developments boosting its profile, as well as local identity.
One of the biggest draws to Live Oak among homebuyers is its central location between the cities of Santa Cruz and Capitola, Santa Cruz County’s oldest resort town. Living in Live Oak gives you convenient access to the trendiest tourist attractions and local hot spots in either city, while still making sure that you come home to your quiet, peaceful neighborhood at the end of the day.
Homes for sale in Live Oak
Live Oak presents one of the most varied selections of real estate properties in Santa Cruz County. You will find your fair share of single-family homes here, along with condominium and apartment complexes. High-end options are available, especially in neighborhoods located closer to the beach.
House designs reflect varying architectural styles, from traditional ranch and craftsman structures to houses built in California’s ubiquitous Spanish-influenced designs. Also available are manufactured homes built in more contemporary styles.
Living in Live Oak
Do you want to know more about the amenities and attractions that await you in Live Oak? Start with this quick list.
- Live Oak School District – Primary and middle school education for students residing in Live Oak is delivered through the six schools (five elementary and one middle) operating under the LOSD banner. The Santa Cruz Gardens Elementary, a school under the Soquel Union Elementary School District, is also located in the northern part of town.
- Live Oak/Eastside Farmer’s Market – A fixture at 15th and Portola every Sunday, this weekly tradition will soon be part of your regular schedule when you become a Live Oak resident. Whether you’re shopping for the freshest produce or simply looking for a relaxing cup of espresso, this lively community event is sure to satisfy.
- Twin Lakes State Beach – This popular destination for casual swimming and picnics on the shore also connects to a small craft harbor, adding recreational options for boating aficionados. Also nearby is Schwan Lagoon, which is a delightful place for light hiking and birdwatching.
- DeLaveaga Golf Course and Lodge – Just off the northwest border of Live Oak is this lovely hillside golf course and recreational center. The 10th hole is known around the area for its noteworthy level of difficulty.
- Santa Cruz Small Craft Harbor – Located just off the southwest limits of Live Oak, this harbor is a haven for local boaters as well as visiting tourists. Come here to experience various adventures in the Monterey Bay waters, from fishing charters to whale-watching tours.
Searching for your dream home in sunny California? Explore the wide range of homes for sale in Live Oak with me today. Call 831.661.5591 or send me a message here to get started.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.