By its name alone, Pleasure Point already brings to mind so many visions of one’s dream lifestyle. This census-designated place just five miles east of Santa Cruz is certainly up to the task as a sun-kissed, seaside community
Pleasure Point may be a relatively small neighborhood, but wears its history and identity as a world-class surf town with pride. In fact, Santa Cruz’s surf culture has its roots here. Late surfing legend Jack O’Neill embraced this community as his home town, with a remarkable beach house hanging right over the 38th Avenue surf break serving as his personal HQ
Homes for sale in Pleasure Point, CA
Homebuyers are sure to be charmed by the variety of houses for sale in the Pleasure Point real estate market. You can find charming beach cottages in peaceful neighborhood streets, as well as breathtaking oceanfront villas that will let you experience what it truly means to live in the lap of luxury
Prime real estate properties abound in this market, given Pleasure Point’s esteemed reputation as a surfing capital along the central California coast. This is an excellent place for buyers– whether for primary or secondary use– as well as investors.
You can count on the area’s strong and enduring tourist appeal to keep demand high and boost your property’s value over the long term. Turning a beach house into a vacation rental is an excellent idea if you are looking to capitalize on immediate earning opportunities throughout the year
Living in Pleasure Point
An amazing lifestyle awaits you when you own a home in Pleasure Point. Here are a few highlights
- Santa Cruz City School District – Students residing in Pleasure Point attend schools operated by the Santa Cruz City Schools system.
- East Cliff Drive – A casual stroll along this sunny promenade is sure to lift your spirits. Located along the Monterey Bay Sanctuary Scenic Trail, it presents captivating views of the sparkling bay, as well as the crowd of surfers, skaters, and beach-goers all around the place
- The Penny Ice Creamery – When you spend most of your waking hours soaking up the sun in Pleasure Point, a satisfying ice cream break will soon be part of your routine. This local favorite is the best place for exactly that
- Pleasure Pizza – Now a Santa Cruz icon for its filling, quick fix meals, Pleasure Pizza has its roots in this humble surf town. With nearly 20 pizzas on the menu, along with the freshest salads and coolest drinks, this place is sure to load you up before you head back to the waves
- Pleasure Point Street Fair – A budding annual tradition, this lively community event happens every June. The Street Fair features live musical performances, skateboarding contests, great food and drinks, and all sorts of activities for the young and the young-at-heart
Discover what Pleasure Point has to offer. Explore real estate opportunities and the local lifestyle with me as your professional guide and advisor.Call 831.661.5591 or send me a message here to learn more.