If you have ever wondered what it was like to live off the grid, San Lorenzo Valley may be the community for you. With its picturesque natural surroundings and distinctive small town vibe, this location has a “hidden gem” mystique that will surely mesmerize you.
San Lorenzo Valley has a distinct place in California history as a prolific hub of logging and other timber products. In the mid-1800s, goods and supplies sourced from the area helped support the Gold Rush that swept through various portions of California and brought hundreds of thousands of people to the state. Later, the new transplants also saw the area’s appeal as an ideal location to build summer vacation homes.
Today, the Valley maintains its low-key, semi-rural village character. Its calm and tranquil setting amid old-growth forests of towering redwoods provides a notable contrast from the vibrant beach communities in Santa Cruz to the south and the fast-paced cities of Silicon Valley to the north.
Homes for sale in San Lorenzo Valley, CA
The San Lorenzo Valley region comprises various small towns where you can find an idyllic retreat to call home. These are Ben Lomond, Boulder Creek, Brookdale, Felton, and Glen Arbor.
Homes here are predominantly custom single-family homes, reflecting both traditional and contemporary architectural designs. Styles range from unassuming ranch homes, to cabin-style structures that blend perfectly into their densely wooded surroundings. You can also find Mediterranean-influenced designs which are common across the state.
Airy living spaces with flowing open floor plans are standard features, making the most of the bright and sunny conditions in the area. These are complemented by spacious outdoor amenities like furnished patios and decks.
Living in San Lorenzo Valley
San Lorenzo Valley offers a well-rounded living experience, with its fair share of essential amenities as well as local attractions. Here are some examples:
- San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District – Four primary schools, three middle schools, and three high schools operated by the SLVUSD provide quality public school education to residents of San Lorenzo Valley.
- Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park – Home to a 40-acre grove of old-growth redwoods, the Henry Cowell Park is the ideal place to see California’s iconic natural skyscrapers up close.
- Felton Covered Bridge – One of San Lorenzo Valley’s most fascinating landmarks, this 80-foot covered bridge is hailed as the tallest of its kind in the United States. Built in 1892, it was closed to traffic in 1937 and is used exclusively as a pedestrian bridge.
- Big Basin Redwoods State Park – Yes, this is another state park prominently defined by its lush redwood growth. But on top of that, it also adds the prestige of being California’s oldest state park. 80 miles of nature trails await you in this historic site.
- San Lorenzo Valley Museum – One of the best places to discover the stories behind California’s earliest days, this museum also happens to be built inside the valley’s oldest church building.
Explore the San Lorenzo Valley real estate market with me and make your dream home a reality. Call 831.661.5591 or send me a message here to learn how my expertise can streamline your homebuying experience.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.