Known for its gorgeous beaches, world-class surf scene, picture-perfect views, and lively communities, Santa Cruz is a coastal city that is certainly worthy of your attention.
Earlier in its history, Santa Cruz was driven primarily by the logging, agriculture, and commercial fishing industries. But as more people began to notice its idyllic location – sandwiched between the sparkling waters of the Pacific Ocean and verdant, redwood-covered mountainside landscapes – the coastal area became a popular resort town.
To this day, Santa Cruz continues to draw crowds of tourists by the thousands each year. But there is more to this city than just being your next vacation destination. There is no better way to truly appreciate what Santa Cruz offers to the fullest than by living here.
Homes for sale in Santa Cruz, CA
If you are looking for a beautiful house that comes with an idyllic vacation resort lifestyle, the Santa Cruz real estate market will surely excite and delight you.
The housing stock here is as diverse as its population of roughly 65,000. You can find Victorian-style estates with exquisite Monterey Bay views in the Beach Hill neighborhood. Seabright is another desirable locale, with a wide variety of single-family homes nestled in a hip and casual environment. Looking for easy-to-maintain living spaces like condos? Try the Downtown area.
Do you have a particular preference for the type of home to buy in Santa Cruz? I made it easier to find the finest luxury and waterfront properties, as well as top condo options in the city. Start your search here:
Living in Santa Cruz, California
The Santa Cruz lifestyle is the complete package deal. From excellent healthcare and educational facilities, to an endless list of recreational opportunities, this city covers all your needs and desires.
- Santa Cruz City Schools – Split into separate elementary and high school districts, this public school system serves approximately 7,000 students from the city and its surrounding communities.
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk – An amusement park, an entertainment venue, an all-ages recreational destination, and a great vantage point for spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean. Santa Cruz’s renowned mile-long boardwalk offers all these and more.
- Santa Cruz Surfing Museum – Revisit more than 100 years of surfing history in this small, but meaningful museum. It is also housed inside the historic Mark Abbott Memorial Lighthouse, adding an even more prestigious vibe to your experience.
- Santa Cruz Riverwalk Park – If you want to enjoy waterfront views and recreation without bumping into the beach-going crowd, the Santa Cruz Riverwalk by the San Lorenzo River is an excellent alternative. This is a great place for a casual jog or stroll, with your pet dog in tow.
- Santa Cruz Wharf – One of the best places to experience the best moments that this coastal city has to offer, the wharf has shops, restaurants and cafés, boat rentals, and even whale-watching opportunities for you to enjoy.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.